- A report of the project will be available later on in the Winter or Spring of 2018.
- More pictures of community groups fighting Phragmites in Collingwood and Wasaga.
About Georgian Bay Forever
- Invasive Phragmites are taking over shorelines. Join a local Phragbuster group in your area of Georgian Bay for 2018, or reach out to us to start one.
- Read about helping beaches in Georgian Bay and Lake Huron, by Jenni Kaija is the Assistant Ecologist for Ontario Parks.
- Read about the Wasaga Beeach cigarette Butt Free project
- Learn about plastics. Our Lakes and Beaches are not garbage cans or ashtrays!
- Please donate to Georgian Bay Forever! Every donation is so important to us to continue projects and education efforts that help protect the water of Georgian Bay.
The Collingwood Phragmites Project
The Collingwood area of Georgian Bay has sensitive wetlands that are under threat from invasive Phragmites. Georgian Bay Forever has been working for a number of years with partners and volunteers to help remove this invasive form the shorelines. Learn more about this Collingwood project and Phragmites in general at these links: