Click on the links below to find out about the program and get started making a difference as families.
Short Description of the Families For Change program
GBF is always working to preserve and protect the waters of Georgian Bay and the creatures that live in it. We engage in scientific research and, with like-minded partners, we pose the tough questions that lead to viable and responsible solutions. Thanks to all our donors, we can do this critical work. Now you and your family can help us work toward our shared goal!
Why?Climate change, pollution, and wetland deterioration are complex global issues involving politics, economics, science and most importantly, the human will — or the lack of it. Plastic and greenhouse gas emissions are overwhelming our planet, and we are losing wetlands every day. Most of us have no idea what we can do to help solve these problems.
What?If you and your family are concerned about climate change, plastic pollution and wetland health, but don’t really know where to start doing something about it, GBF has a program for you. It’s called Families For Change (F4C).GBF has identified different things cottagers and area residents can do to help combat climate change and protect Georgian Bay.
How?GBF’s new F4C program can take as much or as little time as you and your family have to devote to it. You can choose from a variety of tasks in different categories or you can simply focus on one or two. It’s entirely up to you.There are lots of choices and lots of things we can all do to protect ourselves, our families and the Bay from climate change, plastic pollution, and wetland loss.Read on about how you can get started.
Click on the link below or here and it will take you through 2 steps:1. Registration We'll ask you for your family team's name and email address, and community.2. Take you through the rules of the contest. Contest participation is optional, but your family could have a chance to win one of 2 prize packs donated by Patagonia, if you follow the rules of the contest.Questions? Please call Heather Sargeant at (905) 880-4945 ext. 4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources to help you with the Families For Change Program1. The F4C Contest
- Registration: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F4C
- Official Rules Download: https://georgianbayforever.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/FAMILIES-FOR-CHANGE-OFFICIAL-RULES.pdf
- Families For Change Task Check List Downloadable PDF - https://georgianbayforever.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/FAMILIES-FOR-CHANGE-TASK-LIST_PDF-FILE.pdf
- Families For Change Task Check List Downloadable Word File: https://georgianbayforever.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/FAMILIES-FOR-CHANGE-TASK-LIST_WORD-FILE.docx
- F4C Task Check List for Non-Contesters in PDF form - https://georgianbayforever.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/FAMILIES-FOR-CHANGE-TASK-LIST_No_Contest_PDF.pdf
- Witness to Pollution on our Coasts
- Plastic Footprint Quiz
- Dr. Carto's climate change 30 minute video
- Dr. Carto's climate change speech summarized
- 7R's for Fashion Lovers from Fashion Takes Action
- Take the GBF pledge to reduce purchases of garments and textiles
- More information on washing machine filters
- Values and functions of Coastal Wetlands
- Learn what invasive Phragmites look like
- EddMaps Ontario for mapping Phragmites
- Cassie Weston, GBF Project Coordinator. She can help you with shoreline clean-ups. Her email is email@example.com
- Brooke Harrison, GBF Project Coordinator. She can help you with invasive Phragmites. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Want to share pictures or stories? Email email@example.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions? Please call Heather Sargeant at (905) 880-4945 ext. 4 or email email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Links that can help you with Families For Change (F4C):1. How does my family register? Go to this registration site: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F4C 2. Where can I find the official rules of the Families for Change Contest? a) Either scroll up and/or click here b) Or download this Official Rules Download in PDF:3. Do we have to enter the contest to participate? No. Contest participation is optional, but your family could have a chance to win one of 2 prize packs donated by Patagonia, if you follow the rules of the contest.If you have a question? Please call Heather Sargeant at (905) 880-4945 ext. 4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can add it to the list.