Phragmites General List of Cuts
Join one of these great communities to Phrag Cut this summer!
Collingwood: Big Cut August 12th
Get involved in helping the precious coastal wetlands of Collingwood! They need your help. Join members of town staff, Councillor Doherty, the Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority (NVCA), Blue Mountain Watershed Trust, and GBF.
Find details and register now!
- See this video presentation from the NVCA on the biodiversity that you are fighting Phrag for.
- Breathing New Life to Collingwood Beaches. Read the 2016 report on the history of Phragmites removal in Collingwood.
- Watch this fun video of Collingwood volunteers in ACTION! Link to video.
Honey Harbour: 2 dates
- Sunday Aug 6, 10 am at Bide-a-Wee Channel
- Saturday August 12th, Biggest Cut Date 10 am at Charlie's Channel
- Saturday August 19th, 9 am, South Bay by the bridge
- For more cut dates, please visit this Honey Harbour Association page .
To volunteer for Honey Harbour cuts or learn more, email Kristin Koetsier, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Pointe au Baril: August 12
Sturgeon Bay near Victoria Harbour: 2 dates
- Saturday August 12
- Saturday August 19
Both start at about 10 am. Contact Donna, email@example.com.
Thornbury, Peasemarsh Conservation Area: 2 dates
On August 10 and 11, help cut Phrag from 10-3 with Grey Sauble Conservation in partnership with the Beaver River Watershed Initiative.
If volunteers wish to attend they can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-376-3076 ext 236.
Wasaga Beach Provincial Park: Various dates throughout August
Volunteer help is needed. Email Ashlea, Ashlea.Veldhoen@ontario.ca.
Wasaga Beach Bluewater on-the-bay condominium community: Saturday August 12
Your neighbours need your help. Email Ian, email@example.com.
Wymbolwood Beach (Tiny): Multiple Summer Phrag Cuts
Wymbolwood beach are always looking for volunteers to help the fight. Please email Lynn Short if you would like to learn what you can do at Wymbolwood Beach.
Your Georgian Bay Community Group.
If your community cut isn't listed above. Email Communications to register your group. Phragmites don't follow boundaries - and the wider a Georgian Bay effort we make this - the better.
* Note: not all communities have registered their cuts. To search by first letter of your community and find your local leader, please go to this link.
‘Fight the Phrag’ removal day, Collingwood August 12th
Help remove invasive Phragmites from Collingwood shorelines. Join members of town staff, the mayor, the Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority (NVCA), Blue Mountain Watershed Trust, and GBF.
Saturday August 12 - two shifts
1. 8 am to 11 am - Removal Party 1
2. 2 pm to 5 pm - Removal Party 2
& 11.30 am 10 1.30 pm is a Free volunteer appreciation lunch
How do I find out more?
Find details and register at this link .